Marketing roadshow receives positive feedback

The 2018 PNG University of Natural Resources and Environment marketing roadshow to schools in East New Britain has received positive feedback from schools visited.
Officers from the University’s Student Administration and the Public Relations Office visited Kerevat National High School, Our Lady of Sacred Heart (OLSH) Vunapope, Vunabosco Technical, St Mary’s Vunakanau and Kambubu.
33 students who were interviewed said the presentation was informative especially information on the new courses offered at the university, levels of certification and the explanation by Senior Assistant Registrar (Student Administration) Gali Ibos on the National Online Selection that was introduced by the Department of Higher Education Research Science and Technology last year.
Students responded well and showed a lot of interest because of the new courses and level of certification offered by the University.
Apart from the Agriculture and Fisheries Marine Resources program, the three new courses are: Sustainable Forestry, Sustainable International Tourism and Sustainable Animal Production.  
Thirty-one students responded that if they meet the required GPA they would consider applying to UNRE.
Frederick Gove from Vunabosco said: “I will apply to UNRE become my father took agriculture, my brother took fisheries and I also wanted to take up agriculture. I will put UNRE as my first choice.”
Tobing Pauline from OLSH said: “I will put my first choice for UNRE because new courses have been introduced and it is a safe and best environment to learn and apply the different kinds of skills I will learn.”
Divoi Kingsford from St Mary’s Vunakanau said: “I am interested to study at UNRE because I want to become somebody who will later take care of the environment.”
Miriam Kuaimba from OLSH said: “During the presentation I learnt that UNRE is not only a University for Agriculture but it is more than that. If I am accepted I will be equipped with business skills on how to manage my agriculture business.”
Principal of Kambubu Adventist Secondary Alex Sando thanked the University for always remembering Kambubu in its annual roadshows.
“We hardly have any visitors coming this way so we are truly grateful for the visit but more so for the information particularly on the online selection. You told us many things which we did not know about,” he said.
Vunabosco Agro Technical Secondary School
Kerevat National High School

St Mary's Vunakanau Secondary School

Kambubu Adventist Secondary School



Popular posts from this blog

PNG UNRE to offer five new undergraduate programs

UNRE launches Cocoa and Goat Integration Manual

UNRE takes back UNRE Popondetta